Monday, May 4, 2009

Things I am proud of...

I have been working on my cooking skills lately, and I have to admit, I have made some yummy stuff. It may not look the beautiful in the picture (and JD thinks I am a nut for taking pictures of food)but this stuff really was tasty!


I got the idea for broccoli cheese soup from eating at Jason's Deli one too many times.


Stuffed Pork Tenderloin..Mmmm


JD and I have also been working hard at our garden...here are some of the fruits of our labor...

My herb garden! Yay! The cilantro, parsley, and a little bit of sage came up (I have way too much if anyone wants some) but I am going to have to re-plant the basil and oregano.


Yes, we grew carrots! This is just a preview of what they will be. I have had to pick a few to thin the crop and make room for them to grow really big, and this is what I picked! How fun is this?!?


This is what our garden looked like a week or two ago. Things are much taller now. Emma is sitting by the tomatoes and strawberries helping herself to the strawberry patch. The carrots in the front are a lot taller, and our lettuce just keeps coming back!


STRAWBERRIES! My favorite! I go out and pick a handful of strawberries almost everyday!

AND OF COURSE....

My baby girl sitting in a bucket!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a great garden! The food looks yummy too!

LukeandTeonna said...

Wow! I am completely impressed with and jealous of your garden!! You can't beat fresh fruits and veggies! I need to get busy.

Adam and Jessica Cooley said...

You're awesome!! I'll take some of those herbs if you can spare some...I don't think mine are getting enough sun!

Meg said...

Oh I am so jealous of your garden! I'd take some of those veggies off of your hands, but I don't think they would make the trip. Kelly takes pictures of food to post on her blog all the time, so I do not think that is weird. I can't remember if I ever let you know, but my pitcher made it :)

Haymore Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMMY!!! i hope you had a great day! love you girly!

Unknown said...

Ok-I found your blog from the Rogans and I am INCREDIBLY impressed at 1) your cooking skills and 2) your garden--I have been trying to get herbs to grow various ways many times unsuccessfully--GOOD JOB!! Totally jealous!

Unknown said...

I went private. Please send me your email address at Gpmaganda@hotmail.com so I can send you an invite.

cyndi/mom/nana said...

I am so impressed with your cooking skilz and gardening. Yeah, for gardening. I remember your parents garden here and it inspired us to have the one we have in our backyard. Beautiful carrots and strawberries. Jealous about the strawberries for sure.