Friday, March 6, 2009

Valentine's Day

This year JD and I had a pretty low key Valentine's Day. We weren't doing gifts and so it was mostly about spending time with eachother. JD Surprised me with a boquet of beautiful flowers the Thursday before Valentine's Day and I was so excited about getting to enjoy them open on Valentine's Day. I had been watching the food network a ton before this and JD and I had both started drooling when we saw someone make asian dumplings. Mmmm. I decided I would try my hand at it for the big day and just see how it worked out. I actuall went to an asian market for some of the ingredients. It was a really neat store. All kinds of things you aren't used to seeing in a store like Frys or Bashas. We ate dumplings and Emma ate pizza. It was a really good day! We did a Friday-Saturday celebration, so Friday was the dinner and Saturday we went and saw a movie. I love that there is a day set aside for pink and hearts and I guess to show love :) JD thinks it all is a bit silly, but I still like it.

My attempt at making a romantic looking dinner


Some of these were crispy, but I actually liked the crunch (not saying that just because I messed up)


My pretty flowers openening up


E-monster sharing with Belle

2 comments:

Haymore Family said...

oh your baby is all grown up, im tellin you its crazy fast! I don't think i am having a baby shower for this one, a friend of mine gave me quite a bit of her girl stuff and have been trying to get things as i go! i would feel weird having one, i feel like i just had one. when you going to thatch again!? i miss you girly!

Adam and Jessica Cooley said...

so fun!! You'll have to tell me how to make dumplings. I LOVE all food asian!! I have especially been wanting it all the time now...maybe I have a little asian invasion waiting to join our family!