Monday, March 2, 2009

Aunt Cindy



I waited and waited to post anything about this because I just didn't know what to say. My cousins have all said it best in their blogs, but I still have felt like I would like to say something about my mom's youngest sister. Last Tuesday around 6 am I got a phone call from my mom telling me that my Aunt Cindy had died that morning. She had battled with a rare blood disorder for somewhere close to nine years, and this past year she had a bone marrow transplant that doctor's were hoping would take care of her condition. There were so many complications after her transplant, but she never lost hope and always seemed to fight over each medical mountain that was placed in front of her. I saw her after her transplant, when she had no hair and was swollen because her kidneys weren't working right, but she was so happy and making jokes. It was hard to believe she was as sick as she was.
When my mom called me that Tuesday it hit me so hard. It hit the whole family hard. I had always expected a miracle, the one that would take away her pain and leave her healthy and strong and without disease. One of my cousins reminded me that she had so many little miracles throughout this disease. Her life was prolonged for who knows how much extra time, and that was a blessing and a miracle for her whole family.
My Aunt Cindy had the sweetest voice, once you heard it, you would never forget it. I have a million memories of things she has said to me or to others, and I am so glad I can remember that voice of hers! She was so kind and always cared about others before herself. She was a great example of being faithful and enduring to the end. I am so grateful to her and to my mother and all of my Aunt's for being the kind of women I can aspire to be. I just want her to know I love her and I am so glad has no more pain ans is healthy, strong, and without disease. I love you with all my heart Aunt Cindy!

2 comments:

The John Family said...

I am so sorry! Thats hard. Our prayers are with you!

cyndi/mom/nana said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I just happen stance on to your blog. You have grown up so beautifully. I'm sure your Aunt Cindy has experienced the miracle of no more pain. Take care and please give my condolences to your mom.
love Sis. duenas